Bharwa Masala Aloo / Potato Stuffing for Dosa



The Homemaker Neha Sharma
The Homemaker Neha Sharma

Bharwa Masala Aloo / Potato Stuffing for Dosa-1

Hello everyone.. Today I will share recipe of Potato stuffing for dosa which is basically recipe of my Maa. We all love Maa ke haath ka khana. She is the best cook. I love everything cooked by her. But the way she prepares dosa batter, masala aloo, coconut chutney, sambhar. All tastes yumm. I was really nervous at the time of preparing this for the first time but the outcome was awesome. My hubby loves mere haath ka dosa. Even my sis in laws has appreciated it. I was very happy after hearing good words for my hard work in scorching heat in kitchen. Hehe.. This masala aloo can be used to prepare sandwich also.
 I will share all the recipes of dosa like batter, sambhar, coconut chutney in parts. I have  also prepared the video recipe for the same. Checkout the video recipe at the end .You can read and watch my recipe and in case of any confusion you can leave your comments. 
A masala dosa is made by stuffing a dosa with lightly cooked potatoes, onions, green chillies and spices. According to Wikipedia  Masala dosa is listed as number 49 on World's 50 most delicious foods complied by CNN in 2011. It is also cited as top ten tasty foods of the world (2012). I hope you will try this out and let me know how it came out. Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients:



  • Potatoes / Aloo boiled and mashed -250 gm
  • Onion / Pyaaj chopped - 2 cups
  • Tomato / Tamatar -1 cup
  • Ginger / Adarak grated - 1 Tspn
  • Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped - 3-4pcs (quantity depends upon preference)
  • Turmeric Powder / Haldi - 1 tspn
  • Red Chilli Powder / Lal mirch powder- 2 tspn
  • Garam Masala - 2-3 tspn
  • Black Mustard Seeds / Rai - 1tspn
  • Curry Leaves/ curry patta- 10-15 leaves (washed properly)
  • Asafetida / Hing- 1/4 tspn
  • Salt / Namak - to taste
  • Oil
  • Coriander Leaves / Dhaniya chopped - for garnishing


Method:



  1. Heat oil in a pan. Now put hing and rai in oil and let it crackle.
  2. After that add grated ginger and green chillies with curry leaves and saute for a minute.
  3. Then add 1 cup of onion and saute it till it turns light brown.
  4. Now add all the dry spices except salt and saute for some more time.
  5. When spices are cooked then add remaining onions, tomatoes and boiled potatoes with salt and mix it well.
  6. Cook and mix it for 5 minutes and switch off the flame.
  7. Now garnish it with coriander leaves and mix.
  8. Potato stuffing for dosa is ready.


Tips:


  1. For more richness in stuffing paneer / cottage cheese cubes along with cashew can be added in the mixture.
  2. You can add more veggies to make it more healthier.
Video Recipe: 

                                


Checkout my first video recipe . Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-6bm-OIrU

Dont forget to follow my blog,like my facebook page and subscribe our youtube channel by clicking the link below: 


Comments